The Deluxe Graining Kit comes with two shades of wood, the wood stain, graining tool, gloves, staining cloth.
Just add the paint brush and top coat of your choice...
- Retique It allows you to apply a layer of unfinished wood on virtually any surface. Then you can stain it any color stain.
- Retique It gives a genuine wood finish. Your finish will look like wood and feel like wood because it IS wood!
- Water based, Ultra low VOC, virtually no order. Can be applied inside. Easy clean up with soap and water.
- Transform furniture, cabinets, floors, window frames, drywall, mantles, doors, Wainscoting, painted surfaces to have a beautiful wood finish.
Adding a graining tool takes it to a whole new level
Paint on a coat of liquid wood
Paint on a layer of wood. No sanding and no striping. Retique It will work on virtually any hard surface, and even right over painted surfaces. As long as you remove any grease or wax and wipe down the surface, Retique it will go on flawlessly giving you a new unfinished wood surface ready for staining!
Grain the second coat
Give the base coat 2 hours to dry then paint on a second layer either with the same or a different color wood. Immediately go over it with the graining tool. Watch the above video for detailed graining instructions.
Works with any color stain
Allow Retique It to dry for 2 hours, then you can stain the surface with virtually any brand and color stain. Paint your stain on thick and pull the lines through or wipe it on with a staining pad to show more of a rustic wood finish. You are the artist and this is your canvas!
Seal, protect and give it shine
Apply the top coat of your choice or use our Retique It Polyacrylic to protect your piece and give it the level of sheen you desire. Retique It works beautifully with a satin, semi-gloss or high gloss polyurethane or Polycrylic finish. You are in the drivers seat. This piece can be whatever you want!
Enjoy your new work of art
Now you can even use wood filler to repair your piece!
Retique It is a patented, revolutionary new product which makes virtually any hard surface stainable without having to strip off the old finish. The surface will become like bare wood because Retique It contains real wood. When you apply Retique It to a surface you are actually applying a thin layer of wood which can be finished using any color stain.
Retique It is water-based, biodegradable, and has virtually no VOC’s, with no offensive smell and less damage to our environment.
Retique It can be applied using an inexpensive paint brush or paint sprayer by professionals and DIYer’s alike. Cleanup is as simple as using soap and water.
Retique It allows you to skip the time-consuming step of stripping the old finish. The adhesion and absorption properties are excellent, which allows your stain to absorb like it would on an unfinished wood surface. After applying Retique It, you can use any manufacturer’s stain, paint or sealant to create the look and finish you want.
- Picture Frames
- Fireplace Mantles
- Hard Flooring
- Interior Window Frames
- Painted Surfaces, etc...
1. Clean surface and allow to completely dry. Wipe down with denatured alcohol or other de-greaser if you suspect the surface has ever had a wax or oil applied.
2. Apply Retique It with a paint brush or paint sprayer using long even strokes. Allow up to 2 hours to dry. Use soap and water to clean up drips and spills.
3. Apply the second shade of Retique It and immediately go over it with the graining tool rolling it up or down while going over it. Allow 2 hours to dry.
4. Apply stain or paint to obtain the desired finish.
5. Apply a top coat, such as polyurethane to protect the finish.
NOTE: Fill in any holes, divots or deep scratches with non-silicone filler before applying Retique It, if your project needs it.